JOB OPPORTUNITY - PLANNER
Who We Are
T. Johns is a well-respected consulting firm located in the Hamilton area providing planning, urban design, and project management services. We work with an array of distinguished clients throughout Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand, Cambridge, Brantford, Burlington, Kitchener, and the GTA. We have a diverse project portfolio, with a substantial number of large-scale projects including new communities, transit-oriented development in the Niagara Region, and affordable housing. T. Johns is grounded in providing quality planning services for community-enhancing projects. Building a vibrant city is simply what we do.
Are you an experienced Planner looking for new challenges? Are you interested in contributing to new communities, transit oriented development, affordable housing, employment area development, and commercial projects? T. Johns offers the opportunity to make a lasting impact in our communities with your experience, knowledge, and people skills.
As a Planner with T. Johns, you will be part of an exciting portfolio of development projects and have a key role as part of a positive, energetic and growing team. You will support all types and sizes of development projects from kick-off through to the issuance of building permits.
- Liaise between all stakeholders, including consulting team, internal departments, government agencies and other developers as part of general project coordination.
- Lead the preparation and processing of Planning Act applications.
- Prepare presentations, planning justification reports, land use feasibility assessments, and urban design reports.
- Manage and review consultant proposals to build consulting teams for development projects.
- Prepare and implement public consultation strategies.
- Representing clients at pre-consultation meetings.
- Facilitating presentations to the public, municipal councils and committee of adjustments.
What you bring:
- Motivated team player and bring a positive attitude to work.
- Strong organizational, writing, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Thrive on change and can shift priorities on the turn of a dime.
- Post-secondary degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- Member (Candidate or Full) or eligible for candidacy in the Canadian Institute of Planners/Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in planning. Development planning experience is considered an asset.
- You can lead and/or participate in community and stakeholder consultation work.
- Valid Ontario G-Class driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
T. Johns Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. T. Johns Consulting Group offers competitive compensation with full health benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and Resume to email@example.com by 4:00pm Friday, November 17th.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted.