Corktown Co-Operative Homes
Client: Corktown Co-Operative Homes Inc. & Charlton Housing Co-Operative Homes
Project Location: 200 Forest Avenue and 221 & 223 Charlton Avenue East, Hamilton
The Corktown Co-Operative Homes redevelopment proposes to merge 200 Forest Avenue and 221 & 223 Charlton Avenue East to function as one property, providing additional dwelling units to the existing not-for-profit housing co-operative, contributing to the City of Hamilton’s affordable housing targets.
The proposed development of the subject lands is to retain the existing 4-storey, fifty-one (51) unit multiple dwelling building on 200 Forest Avenue and build a new 3-storey, seventeen (17) unit multiple dwelling building fronting Charlton Avenue East. The redevelopment proposes 43 parking spaces (22 surface and 21 subgrade) that will support the overall site, being a total of sixty-eight (68) units. The new multiple dwelling building will provide four (4) 2-storey, family sized units with a flexible layout, that can provide either 3 or 5 bedrooms, and thirteen (13) one-bedroom units geared towards older residents.
Land Use and Urban Design
- Building Elevations
- Floor Plans
- Planning Justification Report
- Site Plan
- Urban Design Brief (incl. Scoped CHIA)
- Zoning By-law Amendment Application
Technical Studies and Plans
April 19, 2021: Zoning By-law
Amendment Application submitted to the
City of Hamilton.
May 6, 2021: Received notice of complete application. City File No. ZAC-21-020.
- GSP GROUP – LANDSCAPING
- HALLEX ENGINEERING LTD. – ENGINEERING
- MACKAY MACKAY & PETERS LIMITED – SURVEYOR
- NEW COMMONS DEVELOPMENT – PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- ROMANOV ROMANOV ARCHITECTS INCORPORATED – ARCHITECT
- T. JOHNS CONSULTING GROUP – PLANNING
- VALCOUSTICS CANADA LTD. – NOISE